Volunteer in Our Schools
Volunteer opportunities include (but are not limited to) the following:
ALL ITEMS ARE MANDATORY
Initial Clearances must be dated within 60 months. They must be resubmitted every 60 months from date on clearance.
- Volunteer Application - Select Apply next to the specific school's volunteer application you wish to volunteer at; multiple schools can be selected during the completion of the application.
- Child Abuse Clearance – Volunteer No cost – 717-783-6211 or 1-877-371-5422
Mail: Print the form by clicking here and mail it to the address provided on the form. This will take several weeks to process and receive the clearance in the mail.
- PA State Criminal History (PATCH) Clearance – Volunteer No cost – 1-888-783-7972
Mail: Click here to print the form and mail it to the address on the form. This will take several weeks to process and receive the clearance in the mail.
- FBI Fingerprint Criminal Background Clearance - $22.60 - 1-844-321-2101
Online: To register and schedule an appointment click here and use registration Volunteer Service Code 1KG6Y3. Then take your registration form to the fingerprinting location you selected during registration. (Employee Service Code 1KG6XN $23.85)
Volunteer Residency Affidavit can be submitted as an alternative to the FBI Clearance if you meet the following criteria:
- You will always be volunteering directly under the supervision and direction of a school administrator, a teacher or other member of the school staff.
- You have never been convicted of a disqualifying crime in Pennsylvania, or the corresponding offenses under the laws of any other jurisdiction and that they have lived in the state of PA for 10 years or more.
- A Tb test is required for volunteers who have direct contact with students 10 or more hours per week.
All necessary paperwork must be submitted online via the Volunteer Application; paper copies are not accepted. All questions can be directed to your building secretary or emailed to email@example.com.
For more information on volunteering, please read our FAQ document.