1 to 1
The Franklin Regional School District supports quality instruction and learning that empowers all students to participate in an education that is engaged and equitable. Many school districts in our region are investing in a 1 to 1 program to improve student learning. Through the 1 to 1 program, the Franklin Regional plans to provide all students with equitable access to devices both at school and at home.
The Franklin Regional School District will be utilizing FamilyID to sign the agreements and to pay for the Chromebook Insurance. If you need assistance with registering for FamilyID, please scroll to the directions located at the bottom of this page.
To electronically sign agreements or to pay for insurance, click HERE.
Make insurance payment HERE.
Forms and Documents
Printable forms and documents related to the district 1 to 1 program can be found below. School Board policies are linked to the latest version approved by the School Board.
Board Policy 815: Acceptable Use of Internet, Computers and Network Resources
Board Policy 224: Care of School Property
The following two agreements must be signed online or returned to the school in paper form before the device can be issued to the student.
The District is providing students with low-cost insurance coverage for their devices. While insurance is optional, we strongly recommend insurance to cover accidental damage to the device. All insurance must be paid by September 25th for the device to be covered for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Insurance is $25 annually, per student with a family maximum of $50.
- Insurance is waived for families enrolled in the Free/Reduced lunch program. Families enrolled in this program receive the insurance free of charge.
- The insurance covers the repair costs for the first two incidents of damage per year. Incidents of abuse or intentional damage are not covered by insurance and will result in the full repair cost being billed to the parent/guardian.
- Lost accessories such as power adapters are not covered by insurance and shall be the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- The District has sole discretion over final determinations of insurance claims, incidents of abuse, and intentional damage.
- Damage incurred without purchasing insurance will result in the Student and Parent/Guardian being billed for the full cost of the repair.
When can I pick up my device?
Chromebooks can be picked up at the Heritage Library and the entrance to the Library is in the rear of the building in the parking lot. The dates and times for the distribution are listed below. To expedite the process, please sign off on the forms and make the insurance payment online if you choose accidental damage protection.
Device Pick-Up Dates:
(Device make and model may vary)
|July 13th (9:00 AM - 3:00 PM||Grades K-1|
|July 14th (9:00 AM - 3:00 PM)||Grades 2-3|
|July 15th (9:00 AM - 3:00 PM)||Grades 4-5|
|July 19th (9:00 AM - 3:00 PM)||Grades 6-7|
|July 20th (9:00 AM - 3:00 PM)||Grades 8-9|
|July 21th (9:00 AM - 3:00 PM)||Grades 10-11|
|July 22nd (11:00 AM - 5:00 PM)||Grades 12 & Anyone who missed their pickup date.|
* If you are not able to make any of the pickup times, your child will be issued a Chromebook during the first week of school.
* The District will not be providing cases or bags for the District-issued devices. We encourage families to purchase a protective covering, case, or bookbag to transport the Chromebook.
* Accounts: Account information for new students and Kindergartners will be sent at a later date.
FamilyID REGISTRATION PROCESS: