1 to 1
The Franklin Regional School District supports quality instruction and learning that empowers all students to participate in an education that is engaged and equitable. Many School districts in our region are investing in a 1 to 1 program to improve student learning. Though the 1 to 1 program, the Franklin Regional plans to provide all students with equitable access to devices both at school and at home starting in August.
The Franklin Regional School District will be utilizing FamilyID to sign the agreements and to pay for the Chromebook Insurance. If you need assistance with registering for FamilyID, please scroll to the directions located on the bottom of this page.
To electronically sign agreements or to pay for insurance, click HERE.
Make insurance payment HERE.
Forms and Documents
Printable forms and documents related to the district 1 to 1 program can be found below. School Board policies are linked to the latest version approved by the School Board.
Board Policy 815: Acceptable Use of Internet, Computers and Network Resources
Board Policy 224: Care of School Property
The following two agreements must be signed online or returned to the school in paper form before the device can be issued to the student.
The District is providing students with low-cost insurance coverage for their device. While the insurance is optional, we strongly recommend insurance to cover accidental damage to the device. All insurance must be paid by September 25th for the device to be covered for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Insurance is $25 annually, per student with a family maximum of $50.
- Insurance is waived for families enrolled in the Free/Reduced lunch program. Families enrolled in this program receive the insurance free of charge.
- The insurance covers the repair costs for the first two incidents of damage per year. Incidents of abuse or intentional damage are not covered by insurance and will result in the full repair cost being billed to the parent/guardian.
- Lost accessories such as power adapters are not covered by insurance and shall be the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- The District has sole discretion over final determinations of insurance claims, incidents of abuse and intentional damage.
- Damage incurred without purchasing insurance will result in the Student and Parent/Guardian being billed for the full cost of the repair.
When can I pick up my device?
Chromebooks can be picked up at the Newlonsburg Cafeteria (across the parking lot from the Middle School's main entrance) on the date and times listed below. To expedite the process, please sign off on the forms and make the insurance payment online if you choose accidental damage protection.
Device Distribution Dates: District will be distributing District-owned devices to only those students who do not currently have a District-owned device or personal device to use at both home and school. Students who do have a personal device are strongly encouraged to bring their devices to school during this wait time.
(Device make and model may vary)
Time: 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM